Peter Andrews, David Holmgren and Gwyn Jones at Kinglake

Hello,

As you would understand Peter is extremely busy running around the country and still keeping watch over his projects however at times his schedule allows some time to address groups who are interested in meeting and hearing him talk about Natural Sequence Farming.

If you would like that, please let us know here and we will see what can be arranged.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

Peter Andrews, David Holmgren and Gwyn Jones at Kinglake

Post by duane » Sat May 08, 2010 7:55 am

Holistic Farming Session

Holistic Agriculture pioneers Peter Andrews, David Holmgren and Gwyn Jones will appear together for the first time at a Bushfire Recovery information sharing session for Farmers and Food Producers in Kinglake on Saturday 15 May.

The three men are excited about how their innovations can work together to build a farming-led recovery in the region devastated by the Kilmore East fire.

“We have approaches that taken together could significantly improve food production across the whole catchment. We’re really looking forward to talking with and learning from local farmers,” said Gwyn Jones, a leading agronomist and organic farmer.

Gwyn’s work with ‘Blueberry Hill’ owners Nina Lunde and Rowan Francis since Black Saturday has seen their property recover 18 months ahead of schedule. Gwyn’s focus is on the relationship between soil chemistry and microbial health. His books ‘Science of Soils’ and ‘AgriNutrition’ outline his proven approach.

Peter Andrews is a farmer who has a remarkable gift for reading landscapes. His Natural Sequence Farming is based on slowing water flows and environmental rehabilitation. He has written two bestselling books ‘Back from the Brink’ and ‘Beyond the Brink.’ His work has been featured twice on ABC’s Australian Story.

David Holmgren is a design pioneer who co-founded Permaculture. His demonstration property ‘Melliodora’ at Hepburn is world renowned and has been featured on Landline. His books ‘Permaculture … Beyond Sustainability’ and ‘Future Scenarios - Climate Change and Peak Oil’ detail his innovations.

The information sharing session begins at 10:00am on Saturday and will be held at the Kinglake Temporary Village – Dining Hall.

This free event is a community organisation partnership. Everyone is welcome. Inquiries to KANDO Co-President Daryl Taylor on 0430 63 77 48. To book a place email taylor.daryl@yahoo.com.au

Shirley Henderson

Why not video it

Post by Shirley Henderson » Sun May 09, 2010 6:22 pm

It would be great to see this documented on video or even if you could get Australian Story, Landline or someone else interested to do it.

matto

Post by matto » Thu May 13, 2010 5:12 pm

hi shirley,
I just talked to Daryl Taylor and he is going to be recording the event so I will let those here know where to find the link when it is up.
Should be a great day, David has identified some top of the catchment keyline plans, and i look forward to hearing both David and Peter together. Maybe even get an idea of what the general difference between the two swale ideas are.

duane

Post by duane » Mon May 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi Matt

We would welcome any feedback from Saturdays proceedings....

Did you hear any discussion occur about re the differences in keyline swales and NSF contours??

matto

Post by matto » Sat May 22, 2010 11:11 am

Unfortunately, I wasnt able to attend in the end. Most disappointing. Ive been trying to get some work and have been chasing jobs around the country. Now Im off to WA for 3 months regen work, which should be interesting how he is going about it...

I hope there will be a time soon to ask Peter about swales.

I'll be in touch when Daryl get's the videos of the day uploaded.

Matto

Nicole34

Re: Peter Andrews, David Holmgren and Gwyn Jones at Kinglake

Post by Nicole34 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 am

It would be great to see this documented on video or even if you could get Australian Story, Landline or someone else interested to do it.
Thanks...make money online