Once again we hear how powerful the bureaucratic forces are

Please feel free to ask questions or make any comments concerning the content of this program.
Peter is the only person ever to have 4 ABC Australian Stories and the previous 2 broke all records.

This tells us that Australians are interested in NSF and want to know more about it.

Our forum is your chance to do that. Some of those who know much about NSF may respond to your posts so please take part in this discussion.

Thanks for visiting us and be sure to join our mailing lists.

Moderator: webmaster

webmaster
Site Admin

Once again we hear how powerful the bureaucratic forces are

Post by webmaster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Once again we hear how powerful the bureaucratic forces are.

With lots of luck and lots of help, maybe at least we will break through this powerful barrier which is costing me and you, your friends and family and ultimately our beautiful country.

Lets all pitch in and help it along.

Contact everyone you know to get it moving.

Thank you to all of those already helping and to those who may start now.

Lonnie Lee
Webmaster
The Forum for Peter Andrew's Natural Sequence Farming

duane

Post by duane » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Here is some of the feedback from the ABC's Guestbook from the 2005 Australian Story
All of the following posts have this copyright:

Copyright notice
ABC Materials, including pages and on-line images, are protected by the Copyright Laws of Australia. All rights are reserved.

When you access the ABC you agree that:

You may retrieve the ABC's materials for information only.
You may save a local copy or send it to your printer for your own personal use or in order to inform authorised and potential users about the ABC materials. However, you may not make any charge for such use and any commercial exploitation is expressly prohibited.
You must include the copyright notice in any copy that you make.
You may not modify the information found in ABC materials without the express permission of the ABC.
Name Bev Coppack
Subject admiration for Peter Andrews
Visit Time 26/06/2005 4:38 PM
Remark Peter Andrews does deserve to be a candidate for Australian of the Year. He has had the guts to keep on going to present to the Government a solution to droughts and thus affect all Australians. I would just like to be able to give him a big hug and thank him for doing something big for the environment.

Name Merv Stewart
Subject Peter Andrews
Visit Time 23/06/2005 2:01 PM
Remark Thank you Australian Story, thank you John Ryan. You have both contributed to alerting Australia to the work of a great man, Peter Andrews.
I watched the first episode and was amazed at the courage and perseverance of Peter's quest to bring about change and the conviction to the task he showed, to put everything he loved dearly at risk, truly spoke volumes about a great Australian.
Episode 2 reinforced even greater what personal sacrifices he endured, but thanks to others associated with him, he looks as though he has finally got support. Truly a candidate for Australian of the Year. Congratulations Peter, keep up the good work.

Name Janeen
Subject Peter Andrews
Visit Time 22/06/2005 1:28 PM
Remark I feel so inept when it comes to things agricultural. I do however own one acre of land and feel that I am responsible for its development. I was fascinated by the show. How do I, with no knowledge, turn my little bit of soil into something my grandchildren will cherish? I live in an subdivision south of Brisbane. All around me are one acre and five acre blocks. How do people who live so close to each other care for the whole of the subdivision so that it is a community emphasis rather than a fenced off "I'll do it my way" approach? I have been inspired to look closer at my little land and hopefully turn it into something fruitful. It still amazes me that Australians do not grasp that we are living in an arid country and yet we are the greatest exporters of fresh water.

Name Billy Chan
Subject Peter Andrews
Visit Time 21/06/2005 3:31 AM
Remark It was absolutely wonderful to see the exposure of Peter's 'natural sequence farming' successes - (well done AS) - a philosophy that bears remarkable similarities to a method of water conservation used by Paul Totterdell of 'Sustainable Organic Solutions' and delivered by 'Clearwater Environmental Design' based in Canberra - establishing water harvesting solutions for urban Australia - domestic and commercial - the Orana School in Belconnen ACT is a strikingly efficient though amazingly simple recent example of water use that should be considered mandatory - a must see for all development and planning agencies and authorities.

Name Billy Chan
Subject Peter Andrews
Visit Time 21/06/2005 3:29 AM
Remark It was absolutely wonderful to see the exposure of Peter's 'natural sequence farming' successes - (well done AS) - a philosophy that bears remarkable similarities to a method of water conservation used by Paul Totterdell of 'Sustainable Organic Solutions' and delivered by 'Clearwater Environmental Design' based in Canberra - establishing water harvesting solutions for urban Australia - domestic and commercial - the Orana School in Belconnen ACT is a strikingly efficient though amazingly simple recent example of water use that should be considered mandatory - a must see for all development and planning agencies and authorities.

Name Paul Paul
Subject Peter Andrews
Visit Time 20/06/2005 7:33 PM
Remark Full marks to Peter Andrews. I know exactly what he went through. I once used five hundred tonnes of mulch in my garden and the council did not approve. And I would like to point out that Peter is not the only genius of agriculture that this country has produced and ignored. There is Bill mollison's vision of 'Permaculture', and then the great works 'The City Forest' and 'Keyline. Water for Every Farm', by Mr. P.A. Yeomans. This is a masterpiece and this knowledge should be applied to the whole planet. It is everything that Peter does and I think it goes even a little further. The late Mr. Yeomans designed his land and contoured it to catch every single drop of rain and ensure it goes into the ground and any excess water is stored instead of being allowed to run off. This raises the ground water, so creeks end up being fed by spring water and lasting longer instead of being just rain off water and only lasting for the duration of the rain. Keyline is exceedingly clever and efficient and I can not rave about reading this book enough. I just wish I had some land to practice it on. You can also read the 'The One Straw Revolution', by Masanobu Fukuoka. This book is the perfect companion to 'Keyline'. Design your land by 'Keyline' and then apply the principles of 'The One Straw Revolution' and you have it. There are no excuses. The truth really is out there. You only need these three books, you can find them on the net, and we can farm and forest the world in a generation. Read these books please everybody and you'll look at the land in a different way. Paul

Name Barbara
Subject Peter Andrews
Visit Time 20/06/2005 5:26 PM
Remark I read the brief of the first part on the Australian Story website before the program aired and couldn't wait to see it!
Whilst watching the 2nd part I couldn't stop cring......this guy has lost so much, his family has also suffered and for so long, no-one listened to him!
Thank goodness some sanity has finally prevailed and Peter is being listened to!
We may now be hopeful about our children's future's in this great land.
Australian of the Year for sure......at least!!
Wishing you and all your family much peace and success
barbara

Name Colin Edwards
Subject Peter Andrews
Visit Time 20/06/2005 5:05 PM
Remark This is an inspiring story. The techniques Peter has evolved to control water runoff reminds me of the Keyline Plan developed in the 1950's by P A Yeomans. Although the latter technique is more complex and requires engineering skills, both methods are designed to develop a rich organic top soil layer, and preserve rainfall runoff where it is most useful. Yeomans' techniques are available through Ken Yeomans' consulting group.

Name Mary
Subject Peter Andrews
Visit Time 20/06/2005 3:22 PM
Remark Thank you Peter for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to us all and may you succeed in getting the attention of the powers that be, so we can properly address the devastating problem of land and water degradation.

Name Dale Brookes
Subject Of droughts and Flooding rains
Visit Time 20/06/2005 2:19 PM
Remark During 1987 I was living in Wellington NSW. We had 2 floods one in April and one in August of that year. Now in 2005 the drought has caught up with the town and surrounds. My daughter's in-laws live at Dripstone just 12kms from Wellington and they have a creek running through their 850acres in need of attention. Peter's ideas seem to be the answer and it will be a challenge for my son-in-law's father to implement these changes