Excellent results in gully near Warrumbungles NSW with NSF

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

vhoffman

Excellent results in gully near Warrumbungles NSW with NSF

Post by vhoffman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:18 pm

I have been fortunate enough to have Peter Andrews visit our farm & he encouraged any attempts I had made & basically said have a go if you can see where a pond should be & a step. If it doesn't work, you'll see why & you can work with it.
But he said he couldn't explain it as well out there,so we had to go to Baramul so he could show us.So we have been organising bus trips since (with good response).
I'm pretty happy with the work i've done to my gully after the rain it looks terrific.He showed us where to put in a rock wall shaped like '>' pointing upstream.The point in the middle is the lowest point by about 10" to "de-energise proportionately to increase flow". He later described how to do log ones in the same fashion, interlocked like a beaver would do it.
After that I used a dozer upsteam & put a few dirt crossings in thinking they would blow out, but with the soft steady rain we've had, they're working like a charm. The biggest job was the fencing, which had to be done to keep cattle off.In my opinion that's the biggest headache with NSF. But with a little thought it can work in well with cell grazing. The CMA are also big on funding these days as we received money for fencing off the river & providing off stream water supply.

Shirley Henderson

can I come too

Post by Shirley Henderson » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:35 am

Hi, I am very interested in learning about Peter's work. It sounds like you are doing very well with your property. I was wondering if the bus trip passes through Mount Annan near Camden/ Campbelltown on the way to Sydney as I would love to join your bus trip to Baramul. I am not sure where it is?
Thanks Shirley

duane

Post by duane » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:06 am

Shirley, Baramul is in the Upper Hunter Valley about 4hrs NW of Sydney.

Vern was organising a bus load of farmers from Coonabarrabran...that was a month or so back.

Shirley Henderson

field day

Post by Shirley Henderson » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Duane, thanks for the reply. PLease keep me in mind for a visit when a field day comes up and I will keep my eyes open for info in the newsletter and on the web.
thanks again
Shirley