various topography

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

muzza

various topography

Post by muzza » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Hello all,
Hopefully i haven't doubled up from another thread elsewhere. Just wondering if there are amendments to the basic NSF principles for steeper country. This district has a massive tunnel erosion problem and it seems landcare projects ( planting of native trees not grasses) are in some cases exacerbating the erosion. I feel we would be successful in commencing a local chapter but we need to establish plans for the higher ground as well as the plains
yours in sequence, Murray
Remember.... no success or failure need be necessarily final!

duane

Post by duane » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:52 pm

Murray,

Peter reckons one main reason that this tunnel erosion occurs is because the soil has been flogged, has no carbon,little or no fertility, no organic matter and the whole soil biology is dead. Does that sound like what you are witnessing there??If so, the simple solution is to increase fertility with organic matter.

How??I will get the more detailed answer for you from Peter.

Watch this space Muzza.

duane

Post by duane » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:40 pm

Murray,

Peter has helped a farmer, Greg Donahue, in Vic, with his 400 acre property that had similar problems as you have described with tunnel erosion.

Peter had gone down a few times to fix the problem and I believe things are now going very well.

I can put you in touch with Greg if you email me privately at duane@nsfarming.com