Landscaping a railway corridor

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

Warren

Landscaping a railway corridor

Post by Warren » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 am

My name is Warren, I am the manager of a major rail infrastructure project in central Queensland. We are building a 69km railway in the area to the west of Glendon which will provide a link between two of Queensland's major coal rail networks.

Our 69km rail corridor passes through cattle country. We have to cross over around 80 creeks of varying sizes along the alignment.
The project team up here are very committed to working in a sutainable way and leaving behind a legacy for the community here.

As the project is just starting, we are trying to think of different ways we can make a positive impact on the environment out here. One idea that has been discussed is that we could incorporate the principals of natural sequence farming into the landscaping and revegetation of the rail corridor, with particular focus on the creeks. In order to do this we would need advice and assistance from Peter and NSF.

We think this could be an opportunity for NSF to raise awareness in this area and to show that these principles can be applied to public and private infrastructure as well as farms. Our railway corridor could be another visible demonstration to the rural community of how NSF can work.

Does this idea sound realistic? It would be appreciated if someone from NSF could respond or contact me on 0401120160 to discuss.

jenni

Re: Landscaping a railway corridor

Post by jenni » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 am

GO TEAM NSF!!!!!!!what an opportunity, good luck.

duane

Re: Landscaping a railway corridor

Post by duane » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 am

Peter will be doing an inspection of the proposed rail line link this coming weekend. I will inform everyone of the outcomes as they become available.