How can this site be a beacon for NSF?

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

gwmbox

Post by gwmbox » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 pm

I got introduced to Evergreen Farming today and will be signing up soon as a member - maybe this is a way NSF can get funds too.

Looks exactly like what I have been looking for and by the look of the web site and the content it is structured well and seems to be working well. I think this is a good example of how a web site should function for the NSF people to look at.

ROFL - why was this deleted? Here it is again :P [url]http://www.evergreen.asn.au/

I'll pop back in from time to time to see if NSF survives or not :P
Last edited by gwmbox on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

alan

Post by alan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Greg,

Nicely structured website.

Evergreen looks to be aimed at the broadscale farmers using weedkill and fertilizer so probably isn't what I'm looking for, but let us know your feelings and whether we should be learning more.

Regards,

Alan

Stringybark

Post by Stringybark » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Good site. Another perspective on agriculture and yes, well laid out too.
Case studies!!
That would be a great thing to have on the NSF site.

gwmbox

Post by gwmbox » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:08 pm

alan wrote:... farmers using weedkill and fertilizer so probably isn't what I'm looking for...n
Yes but the principles of evergreen grasses could be still applied along with NSF, as in don't spray the weeds and use little fertiliser (where possible). I think there may be an opportunity to combine the two principles to achieve a good outcome.

Cheers

Greg
--

gwmbox

Post by gwmbox » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Stringybark wrote:Case studies!!
That would be a great thing to have on the NSF site.
+1000, we really do need case studies for NSF
--

Stringybark

Post by Stringybark » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:19 pm

You are correct gwmbox. A combination of many different ideas and practices is usually what you will use for your own application. You don't have to spray chemicals to manage perrenial pastures. There would be a wealth of knowledge and experience to be gleaned from most ag websites. What to do and what not to do. You just have to sift through it all to find what suits your enterprise and preferences.

duane

Post by duane » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Thank you Alan for this post....and welcome!

I have had a long break away (6 weeks) and came back to a computer with a power surged mother board. But all's now back in order.

I really appreciate everyone's views and understand your frustrations.

Where to start?

Firstly, as you all know NSF (read Peter Andrews) has had a lot of attention in the media with Peter's appearence on television and his two books selling well over 60,000 copies.

NSF has grow from one man's observations and understanding of the Australian landscape to capture the attention of many.

Peter himself is now in his 70th year. He has until very recently not even owned a computer and by his own admission feels he is 'too old to learn'.
But he readily admits to the power of the Internet and recognises that as a tool for the dissemination of information it is without equal.

Peter has a large following and a small army of volunteers. All of the websites (4 in total) have been set up and run by volunteers. Never has so much been done by so many.

This Forum is both hosted and contributed to by volunteers. The people in this thread have also volunteered to help.

NSF has no financial help from government or anyone else. It runs on volunteers. If that old saying 'you pay peanuts and get monkeys' is true, then we are in real trouble.

The NSA site (Joomla format) was set up by Bill Saunders, voluntarily, by Bill Saunders to do all of the things Greg mentioned. It needs help to run it. Maybe Greg or Alan could assist. The nsfarming site and natural sequencefarming site and Forum are run voluntarily by Lonnie, Peter's cousin.

I have contributed to the Forum now for 4.5 years in an effort to get people interested in Peter's work. The site has attracted almost 450 new registrations (not anywhere near enough given all the who-ha) since I registered but I have noticed that there are always lots of 'lurkers'.

We need to and can do better.

I need some time to digest all the comments. I have forwarded the posts to Peter.

Be a little patient, with me....... together, with your collective goodwill, we can make it happen.

My apologies to everyone on this site for the delay in replying.

alan

Post by alan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Duane,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

You can already see that there are folks who can and are willing to help; it would be great to put this together in one coherent site for the benefit of PA, NSF and all.

I do understand that PA would be much happier talking to a group of like-minded farmers than learning the computer basics and appreciate exactly his feelings. Fortunately there are many more of us who are already reasonably adept in the computer, we just need more help with NSF!

I for one am willing to wait not just for PA, but for the approval of all website owners, to put together a strategic plan on how best to integrate and consolidate the wealth of information contained across the various websites.

You can see by the previous comments, this is not a huge job and will make a huge difference to NSF.

Just a quick thought, imagine if all those 60,000 book buyers were also website visitors...........

gwmbox

Post by gwmbox » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm

alan wrote:Just a quick thought, imagine if all those 60,000 book buyers were also website visitors...........
Or better yet, members of NSF :)
--

webmaster
Site Admin

NOTICE: Virus alert NOT on our site but on a linked site

Post by webmaster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:36 pm

NOTICE: Virus Alert

The web site www.imedialearn.com at the moment has a virus alert warning.

The links on our forum which go to that site are on the Principles of NSF Page.

1. Increased water velocity and its consequences in the Hunter Flood Plain

2. NSF Diagrams

3 NSF - Restoring Balance in the Landscape

We have advised the site webmaster and they will respond.

Unless you have an upto date anti virus with link and web site protection enabled, do not use the links.

We will advise when this is clear again.

SUMMARY:

The NSF site is NOT infected with any virus.

Webmaster
The Forum for Peter Andrew's Natural Sequence Farming

alan

Post by alan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:51 pm

webmaster,

Sorry, that is exactly what I should have said! Don't click the links to take you there.

Whilst you are here, what do you think about moving the articles and forum to the Joomla site?

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Hello Alan,

At the moment this will remain the NSF forum site.

The Joomla site is for the NSF Association members and if they wish to conduct their own member forum, they are quite welcome to do so.

Many thanks for your input.

Lonnie
Webmaster
The Forum for Peter Andrew's Natural Sequence Farming

alan

Post by alan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Lonnie,

Thanks for the reply.

You don't see see any advantages in consolidating the sites?

gwmbox

Post by gwmbox » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:33 pm

webmaster wrote:The Joomla site is for the NSF Association members and if they wish to conduct their own member forum, they are quite welcome to do so.

Many thanks for your input.

Lonnie
Webmaster
WOW! Is it just me or does that sound like an us and them scenario? This is exactly why there is three (or four) different sites. There should be no us or them, no hidden agendas, no politics - just one site for the benefit of all to learn and expand the knowledge of NSF.

Just my 5 cents worth :P

Greg
--

duane

Post by duane » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Bit of background history,

The NSA site was set up to be an interactive site where chpters could link up, file their case studies etc etc etc., as Greg suggested.

When it was first up and running it did have its own forum. But traffic was very light and the webmaster, Bill Saunders, decided to remove THAT forum and put instead a link to this forum.

It has ALL the potential but has neither the people or resources to run it full time.

Greg?Alan? or someone? familiar with the Joomla software may like to contact me to discuss.