CONCLUSION: Episode 2 of Australian Story this MOnday 11th May 2015

The latest news we have available together with any necessary links. If you have any questions, please use the forum or the contact emails addresses.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

CONCLUSION: Episode 2 of Australian Story this MOnday 11th May 2015

Post by duane » Fri May 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Don't miss the conclusion of "The Battle for Tarwyn Park" this coming Monday 11th May at 8pm on ABC's Australian Story.

Bert

Re: CONCLUSION: Episode 2 of Australian Story this MOnday 11th May 2015

Post by Bert » Mon May 11, 2015 3:36 pm

I most definitely will be watching tonight.

I need as much information I can get on NSF, plenty of merit in it.

Bert

froggo

Post by froggo » Tue May 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi everyone,
must say the story was quite depressing. I shed a tear while watching Peters heartbreak in Episode 2, but tend to agree that the science is transferable and needs to be replicated as much as possible.

I hope Stuart will document on this forum, works undertaken at his new property as a means of promoting NSF.

Best wishes to Peter, Stuart and families.

God bless, froggo

duane

Post by duane » Tue May 12, 2015 10:29 pm

Froggo

Stuart is posting at http://www.facebook.com/tarwynparktraining

There you can see regular updates on the current work he is doing at 'Tarwyn Park' and soon he will be posting the new works happening at "Marloo'.

froggo

Post by froggo » Wed May 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Thanks Duane, it's great to know that Stuart is doing that facebook page.

God bless, froggo.

andy

Post by andy » Sat May 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi Duane,
Episode 1 & 2 made for some sobering viewing. Emotions ranged from disbelief to anger and frustration. These feelings must surely be shared by thousands of people who follow NSF and are deeply passionate about it's future?

just read article out of "The Age" newspaper.
"ANGLO AMERICAN SADDLES UP FOR FIGHT"
"Horse health is again set to be a key battleground in the Hunter Valley"

"Anglo American has armed itself with veterinary experts before a renewed attempt to have its Drayton coal expansion in the Hunter Valley approved.
The multinational miner has twice failed to have the expansion approved, with the NSW Planning and Assessment Commission rejecting it out of concern for the health of two horse stud farms within 2 kilometres of the proposed mine"

Pardon my ignorance, but where does that leave Tarwyn Park, especially if the Kepco pit is to be placed next to a horse/ cattle operating farm?
Or is that all academic because Kepco own the lot?
regards
Andy

andy

Post by andy » Sun May 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi Duane,

i just wanted to qualify what i wrote last night, sleep deprived and bleary eyed ( we have a baby ).
If there is any anger or frustration, it is directed at multi nationals who can come in, buy up and develop. Also frustrated that our own governments seem oblivious to the priceless heritage quality of Tarwyn Park.
I admire Stuart Andrews for making a brave decision.
Best wishes to Peter, Stuart and families.
regards
Andy

duane

Post by duane » Sat May 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi Andy
Coal is contributing to CO2 emissions.
Coal is cheap energy which the world demands.
Governments need the cash from royalties.

It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$

Tarwyn Park is now owned by the Koreans...they purchased 10,000 hectares of freehold title.

TWO thorougbreed studs, Bylong Station and Tarwyn Park.

Now they need to submit an EIS to NSW State Govt Planning dept, in order to get a mining licence.

So far they have only ticked 1 of 12 boxes. However, Govt and Industry are bedfellows.....there's a slim chance they wont be allowed to mine but.......

andy

Post by andy » Tue May 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi Duane,
maybe I'm naïve,
but does this article on " The Age" website have any bearing on Tarwyn Park's future?
read below
cheers
Andy

http://www.theage.com.au/business/minin ... orszv.html

" Landowners in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales have succeeded in preventing a coal miner from exploring on their properties, in a ruling that the miner warned could see all natural resources in the state "sterilised".

Speaking after the NSW Land and Environment Court overturned Hume Coal's permission to explore on private lands in the Southern Highlands, the miner urged the state government to overturn the ruling.

The case focused on section 31 of the state's Mining Act, which says explorers cannot disturb "significantly improved" parts of private property.

Justice Preston ruled on Tuesday that paddocks containing crops or equestrian facilities were the product of labour and could therefore be considered to be "significant improvements".