Suggestions Invited: How can the Policy Makers be Persuaded?

As elections are one of the only times governments and oppositions take notice of public issues, do you think the potential of Natural Sequence Farming should become an issue.

Over the last years billions of dollars have gone into so called 'fixes' for our problems and now more billions are being poured down possibly another deep hole.

Do you think NSF should be given adequate funds to either prove or disprove it's theories?

Let us know your thoughts here.

Moderator: webmaster

Should NSF become an election issue?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:23 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 4

duane

Suggestions Invited: How can the Policy Makers be Persuaded?

Post by duane » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:23 pm

In a recent email a Hunter Valley landowner wrote to Shadow Minister George Souris (LibNP, Member for Upper Hunter) about Peter Andrews and NSF.
His reply was typical of many politicans and their bureaucratic minders.
Quote:

"Dear Mr Souris.

Thank you for acknowledging my letter re the injustice of the criteria for the recent flood disaster grants considering the drought of the previous 5 years.

Just prior to the June 2007 flooding we had engaged the services of Peter Andrews to advise us on ways to drought proof our property along the lines of his (for many) somewhat challenging methods of Natural Sequence Farming. Last week, I was in the fortunate position of seeing for myself his methods put into practice at Tarwyn Park.(Property at Bylong as featured on ABC "Australian Story")

Considering the astounding devastation to our soils and rivers during the last 50 years it seems to me that what Peter Andrews is proposing is worth more than a somewhat polite tolerance (along with complete scepticism) from those in a position to implement changes . I commend the work of Peter Andrews to both you and your colleague The Honourable Malcolm Turnbull.

Yours faithfully,

G. Chapman" UNQUOTE.

This is typical of the dismissive attitude prevalent by many (not all) on both sides of politics and especially in the bureaucracy.

I would invite COMMENTS from anyone on how we can overturn this endemic attitude and open people's minds to the positive benfits of NSF.

Suggestions please!!

vhoffman

Post by vhoffman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:45 pm

One person at a time. You're going well mate!