The Book Club

If you have any questions about anything to do with the book, this is the place.

That could be any of the subject matter you would like clarified or suggestions to include for a follow up book.

Book Sales and Delivery information should be directed to the place of purchase NOt here.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

The Book Club

Post by duane » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:59 am

Can we get some comments from people about what they thought of Peter's book "Back from the Brink"?

vhoffman

Post by vhoffman » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:37 pm

The best book I have ever read. It changed my life, now I am back on Dad's farm, implementing Peter Andrew's ideas.

duane

Post by duane » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:43 am

Are you the only person who has read 'Back from the Brink' Vern? Officially nearly 40,000 copies have been sold...but you are the only person to make a comment on this forum.

Anyone wishing to make a comment about the book are welcome to do so.

We would love to see a good blog commentary develop here.

wongankatta

Post by wongankatta » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Halfway through and loving it - reading a chapter per night thoroughly and having a good think about it before moving on to the next - great stuff. :wink:
Regards - Andrew Shanks
"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops,but the cultivation and perfection of human beings." Masanobu Fukuoka

Shirley Henderson

Thank you for this mind opening book

Post by Shirley Henderson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:11 am

I read this book through from start to finish in one day. Probably too fast but I will read it again. I could not put it down and it changed my views on weeds. Since reading it I have visited the demonstration site at Mulloon. I love this land and see Peter has a great understanding of how it works past, present and future. This is a great gift, real talent and something all of us who are privilaged to be carers of land in any way should listen to.
Thank You Peter

Ian James

Post by Ian James » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:26 am

This book has been the catalyst for a total awakening and re-evaluation of my core beliefs.

Looking back to the dark days of my land care slumber I can now understand that I allowed myself to continue to live in denial only because I could see no hope on the horizon.

The book shook me and lifted the brown cloud of hopelessness which had totally enveloped me. I began to become aware of things that my eyes had long seen but my brain could not comprehend.

Like an image I had long failed to recognise suddenly coming into sharp focus I now feel familiar within my environment.

I am galvanised into action.
What man could not be?

pjac

Post by pjac » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:20 am

Fantastic book - I read this book into the wee hours of the morning - a hard to put down book! We only have a small acreage on the outskirts of Rockingham, Western Australia - but still a lot of valuable ideas to implement. Passed the book onto my brother who also has a small acreage close by - and he is similarly inspired.

Makes me look out at our landscape in a completely different way. Driving through farmland areas has become a completely different experience.

antigoon

Post by antigoon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:57 pm

A great read that is for the most part well argued and detailed. It makes you wonder where the so-called experts are coming from in the face of compelling evidence that the landscape can be saved if there is sufficient will. It would be helpful to include links or references to resources for further information, particularly around rehabilitating small holdings. I would love to see more before and after photographs of Peter's ideas at work.

duane

Post by duane » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:38 am

We are trying to do just that...I have been urging vatious practioners to start their own nsf experiences in a blog with before and after photos.
Keep watching.

I would love to use your quote "It makes you wonder where the so-called experts are coming from in the face of compelling evidence that the landscape can be saved if there is sufficient will."

How true that statement is!!