Feedback & PHOTOS by participants at 1st training program

Where daily bits of info can be added and discussed.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

Feedback & PHOTOS by participants at 1st training program

Post by duane » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:24 pm

The Inaugural Tarwyn Park Training Workshops May 2012.

Here’s some of the very positive feedback from some of the participants in the first official 2-day NSF training course:

“The Tarwyn Park Training session taught us how reading the landscape can assist us in creating the possibility of developing productive farms using natural processes effectively” A. Drew. WA.

“The TPT workshop demonstrated the extraordinary gains in fertility and biodiversity that are possible by farming water and using natural plant sequences” Paul Room, UMNSA, Canberra

“I came home from the TPT workshop with a new understanding of what my farm needed me to do to increase its productivity”. Terrie Wallace ‘Binomea’, NSW

“The 2 Day Level One workshop on Natural Sequence Farming held at Tarwyn Park was not only very informative but has given me the confidence to go back and start implementing the things that I have learnt. As land owners we all have an obligation to get it right and NSF is clearly a great way to go”. Ian Quant, “Boori Boori” NSW

"For the first time I really understand the Australian landscape and how to cope with floods and droughts. A rare insight into sustainable farming. So much that I want to repeat Stage I again!" Carolyn Currie, NSW

The series of 5 2-day workshops are intended to give participants the skills based knowledge required to implement and understand ALL of the principles of Natural Sequence Farming as outlined in Peter Andrews two highly acclaimed books.

It is a skills based program where participants “learn by doing’.

Click to enlarge thumbnail to see the FIRST OFFICIAL TEAM PHOTO of the May Workshop attendees and trainers.

For more information on upcoming COURSES contact the Course Co-ordinator, Duane Norris, at duane@nsfarming.com
Last edited by duane on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

duane

Re: Feedback from participants about the training program

Post by duane » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:01 am

POSITIVE FEEDBACK from the training course......

The proof is in the following pictures !!! :D :D :D

Here is the contour/wetlands that the inaugural NSF course cohort surveyed and built in their 2-day workshop back in the end of May. A month later after a major rain event and voila !!!

Come and learn at Tarwyn Park !! Rehydrate and build fertility on your farm the way the old Australian landscape used to do it.

Contact me at duane@nsfarming.com for details of the next NSF workshops coming up in July 2012.

Learn HOW to build your farming system....NOT mine it and degrade it.....but build and aggrade it !! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

ImageImage
Image[/img]

matto

Re: Feedback & PHOTOS by participants at 1st training progra

Post by matto » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Looks like this was built with a bucket or something similar.
I saw one of these ditches, I think thats the right terminology, on a farm Peter had designed and made with a grader. She said he took two runs to create the channel then a backcut underneath the mound similar to what he talks about in his books to create the fresh water lens.
Is the same done here?

duane

Re: Feedback & PHOTOS by participants at 1st training progra

Post by duane » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 pm

This is a CONTOUR...... a channel of equal level i.e., it has no FALL. It follows the pattern once commonplace in the Australian landscape.

This contour was contructed and built with the farm tractor and a blade on the PTO. It is a simple cut and fill operation worked to a series of datum points marked out by the participants with both a laser and dumpy levels. The cut forms a V shape 200mm below the datum line with the spoil placed on the downside 200mm above the datum line.

This mimics the contour runnels that once operated right across the country that filled billabongs and carried water and fertility to the higher slopes away from the main flow line.