Seed Hunter

Where daily bits of info can be added and discussed.

Moderator: webmaster

Angela Helleren

Seed Hunter

Post by Angela Helleren » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 am

Must see.... Seed Hunter

For all and especially our Wheat farmers who missed this very interesting programme you can download the 'Seed Hunter' at

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/documentaries/ ... akers/ep3/ Shown on ABC after midnight when most were asleep.

The World Seed Bank and the people who are tasked with the difficult challenge of tracking down original unmodified seed stock.

The programme leaves one with much to think about as we know many farmers have been told by the large seed suppliers their new varieties were much hardier only to be disappointed within a few seasons.

The documentary Food Inc. is a real eye opener! (...nominated at this years Academy Awards)

We know patent laws in the US related to GM crops favour the rights of the Corps over the rights of smaller organic farmers when their crops are contaminated by neighboring GM crops.
Many hands make light work.
Unfortunately, too many hands stirring anti clockwise, has spoiled mother natures recipe.
Back to basics.

Angela Helleren

Post by Angela Helleren » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:54 am

You can find out about the issues presented in Food Inc. and watch a trailer at

http://www.foodincmovie.com/index.php :wink:
Many hands make light work.
Unfortunately, too many hands stirring anti clockwise, has spoiled mother natures recipe.
Back to basics.

sharynriddlest

Post by sharynriddlest » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:40 am

I admire the dedication of these people. I had seen this a long time ago I forgot when and it's nice to know that it's available to download.

it is an eye opener to see how well meaning aid workers have forced developing countries to abandon their traditional seeds for modern varieties which invariably have let them down.