Landmanship- PLEASE READ THIS

Where daily bits of info can be added and discussed.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

Landmanship- PLEASE READ THIS

Post by duane » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:13 pm

I would like to bring to everyone's attention an article called "Landmanship" written by a long time NSF practioner, Paul Newell, a sheep and wheat farmer at Canowindra, AND Prof David Goldney.

This is a both a practical and reflective exercise and is I believe a very good case study of years of understanding the ecology of farming within an ecoSYSTEM.

LANDSMANSHIP
A PRESENTATION OF THE
PRACTICE, DISCIPLINE AND PHILOSOPHY OF LANDSMANSHIP

LANDSMANSHIP IS APPLIED ECOLOGY

By permission of Paul Newell and Professor David Goldney
A Short Excerpt..
Amazing as it seems we take ages to learn the simplest rules of LORE that re-enfranchises nature and people as a whole. If we don’t impede nature in nature’s work, then nature will not impede us in the work we wish to do for ourselves and others!

“Landsmanship” is both a philosophy and a science, the natural ecology of land and water systems. It has the potential to enable us to facilitate a remarkable revolution in the way that we manage our farming lands and indeed to recreate sustainable Australian landscapes.
I hope this is helpful.

Paul Newell*** - Professor David Goldney

Go to http://www.nsfarming.com/references.htm to view

*** Paul Newell is credited for the descriptive term, Natural Sequence Farming and a long term friend of Peter Andrews and the Andrews Family of Tarwyn Park.

I want to publicly acknowledge both Paul and David's generosity for allowing this to be published here...for me it shows the decency of individuals who really want to share their information with others for the care and benefit of our landscape.

Your comments about the article, once read, would be welcomed here.

Duane