Where daily bits of info can be added and discussed.

Moderator: webmaster

Shirley Henderson

Post by Shirley Henderson » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 am

I know this is way off the track but AVATAR is the best movie. Go and see it. If you like forests, plants, trees and living sustainably you will love this movie. Ok it's another planet but we got one right here we can take care of. The forests are magic and the world is sustainable!

jenni

Post by jenni » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 pm

I loved avatar so much totally agree with you. Miranda devine described it as leftie rubbish in the paper the other day I pray I never become so cynical

gwmbox

Post by gwmbox » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:08 am

Have to agree, make sure you see it on the big screen and in 3D - best movie of all time :)
--

sheilan

Re: AVATAR

Post by sheilan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:01 pm

If you liked the movie, please have a look at my review here and comment: http://candobetter.org/node/1762

I liked it too. I thought it was politically significant.
Shirley Henderson wrote:I know this is way off the track but AVATAR is the best movie. Go and see it. If you like forests, plants, trees and living sustainably you will love this movie. Ok it's another planet but we got one right here we can take care of. The forests are magic and the world is sustainable!
Sheila N
http://candobetter.org/sheila
http://candobetter.org/sheilanewman

Stringybark

Post by Stringybark » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:04 pm

Wow Shirley!! Great recommendation!

It reminded me of something an old bloke said to me once, working in the bush.
"Shutup. Look. Listen.... No, LOOK! and LISTEN!"
We should stop and just watch what is happening around us. It can be amazing what you are missing out on.
Usually explains the bigger picture too.

Shirley Henderson

Post by Shirley Henderson » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:42 pm

HI Stringybark, yes look and listen. I take a lot of photos in the bush and in my own back yard. I hear comments like where did you take THAT! or that's amazing and I'll say... that was in my garden. I can take 50 photos sitting in one spot in the bush, I crawl around in it, lie down and search through the groundcovers, under leaves and listen for anything I can hear that draws my attention. I am amazed by it all. Many people do not know how to look and listen and that is why it is not noticed or cared for at times. One plant is a complete environment so one acre, one hundred acres, or thousand hectares is all important. Great movie hey!
Shirl

alan

Post by alan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:49 pm

I spend hours watching my compost bins and the areas where I have spread it. It is amazing the life that appears within the soil.

Nature, wonderful thing.