A Sellout!

If you have any questions about the new 'Beyond the Brink' book or it's contents, please make them here so others can respond or take part in any debate.

Moderator: webmaster

ColinJEly

A Sellout!

Postby ColinJEly » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:50 pm

A great new book! Contacted my usual bookshop where I got Back from the Brink, reply was 'Sorry we've sold out' Got a copy locally and read it over the weekend. Just a thought for the next book, as a 'city slicker' I wouldn't mind seeing some photos of 'before and after' of some properties, or how about an aerial view of a photo (nice and green ;-) ) surrounded by other 'unenlightened' properties.
Did we all see Four Corners last night about the MDBS? Disgracefull! All these farms with ploughed paddocks and not a blade of green to be seen!

duane

Postby duane » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:13 pm

BTB was only released on October 3.

It is ALREADY No 3 in the ABC Books store in their TOP 10 BEST SELLERS!!!!

mondo45

Great Advance

Postby mondo45 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 pm

I bought BTB on Saturday, and have read it (quickly) since. I thought that I would post up my first impressions.

BTB is an excellent supplement/expansion of/complement to BFTB. Peter goes into a lot more detail regarding specifics, and the reader can develop an even more authorative understanding of the processes that Peter discusses - how the problems have developed, and the particular solutions that can be implemented.

Peter paints a picture of a complex natural system, with key elements working together in a symbiotic fashion to develop a healthy and sustainable landscape. He discusses in detail the three elements to a healthy landscape - fertility, minerals and moisture - and shows how nature works to deliver these. He then shows how we can follow nature's lead to get these factors working together on our properties.

It is a compelling message. I intend to post more thoughts when I have re-read the book.

duane

Postby duane » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:57 am

Hot off the Press

Beyond the Brink is at the #1 spot for ABC Books this week and sold 599 copies.

And Back from the Brink is now back up to position #8.

Two out of two books in the TOP 10 ABC top selling books.....great work EVERYONE who made this happen.....readers, editors, the ABC etc etc

Return to “Questions about the NEW book 'Beyond the Brink'.”