Massive pool of Untapped Labour

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

Ian James

Massive pool of Untapped Labour

Post by Ian James » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:24 am

Just quick, very short of time.

I believe that there exits in the hearts of millions of city dwellers trapped in their secure mega metropolis the desire to get out and get dirty doing meaningful sweat inducing hands on work stemming from their feelings of hopelessness and frustration at being stuck in these tarmac and concrete warrens and unable to contribute in a tangible manner to the battle on global climate change other than by looking closely at labels in supermarkets....fun, fun, fun.... NOT.

Every time I have the pleasure of showing my property to any city hemmed people I am amazed at their desire to jump in and help me in any possible way that they can.

It is only ourselves who have to design a program that can function smoothly and promote it to these willing hands and minds to enable the organisation dispersion of their labour to the many, many properties desperately short of this very asset.

What say you we have a shot at it?

jenni

Post by jenni » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:07 pm

wwoofers. Willing workers on organic farms. Google it. A very well established organisation. You don't have to be organic to join

brettmtl

Post by brettmtl » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Thats the entrepreneur spirit Ian,

Off the top of my head a lot of the large Corporations have team building events, where they might as a group plant trees.

There is also Green Corps where you can get a group of youngsters to build a project on your land over 6 months.

A friend works at Conservation Volunteers and they are always looking for green projects for people to work on.

Just to clarify are you asking, as you already know about these groups or do you want to start up an organization that places 'city people' on farms.

Maybe we could ask the moderators of this forum to start up a thread where farmers can give a description of their land and project and what skills, lifestyle, experience they offer and then a thread where city slickers can say what they are after, what days or weeks they have spare and what area they want to work in.

Title could be Hick looking for Spick :D :lol:

Ian James

Post by Ian James » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:55 pm

I didn't know about these groups...... do now.

I was talking about starting up an organisation to place city people on farms but now that I know that these organisations exist I would prefer to tap into the current organisations if they proove to be adequate so that I can continue on with the big job I already have at hand.