Anyone practicing nsf in WA willing to take visitors?

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

gavinfialkowski

Anyone practicing nsf in WA willing to take visitors?

Post by gavinfialkowski » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:23 am

Hi there,

Is there anyone here in WA practicing NSF that would be willing to have a couple of visitors? I myself am very interested but more so for my friend who has a large farm in the wheatbelt. He is curious and has started reading the bftb book. Probably wouldnt be able to do anything for another month or so as harvesting has been slow going this year. Please message me or send me an email to gavin@abvconsultants.com.au if anyone willing for perhaps 3 or four of us to have a sticky beak.

duane

Post by duane » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:43 am

Gavin

In April there is to be a field day in the Avon at Gary Paige's a farmer from Pingelly just south east of Perth.

Keep a watch here on the www.nsfarming.com website for details....Gary has implemented a number of Peter's strategies and he has gone from a plough and burn man and chemical enterprise to a totally natural one with a huge rise in profit and productivity outcomes.

gavinfialkowski

Post by gavinfialkowski » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:03 am

Sounds great. I take Gary is a crop farmer then? I have to say my farming friends are sceptical to say the least, although its encouraging to see that he and quite a number of other farmers aren't ploughing after the harvest like they used to as they recognise the damage it does. The deep drains running across the property are a bit of a worry though.

I think the biggest hurdle for wheat farmers is going to be to try and covince them of only cropping approximately a third of their land. thats why these demonstration days will be so important.

Ian James

Please visit us.

Post by Ian James » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:04 am

Hi Gavin,
It's been a little while so I missed your post untill this morning....

We have been practicing NSF for a couple of years and are very committed to following the pricipals set out in Peter's book.

In saying that, we are learners ourselves and would love to share our experiences with you and with anybody who is at all interested in visiting our farm and learning about what it is we do out here....

Just make a call out of the blue and we will get a visit organised first chance we get, ok?

Cheers

Ian James

The number

Post by Ian James » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 am

0429 3031 31

duane

Post by duane » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:49 am

Gav

Ian and his group have organised for Peter to come to WA in late March to the Northam Expo.

Details will be on the www.nsfarming.com....soon