Jojoba meal and Mulch pits...?

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

AmitolaPintos

Jojoba meal and Mulch pits...?

Post by AmitolaPintos » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:20 pm

We have been offered large quantities of Jojoba meal to use in our mulch pits and cannot find any research on it...
Does anyone know if it would be good to use as compost or not???

AmitolaPintos

Post by AmitolaPintos » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:37 am

Have just corrected above post... Jojoba.... not Jooba...lol

duane

Post by duane » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:25 pm

It is a plant residue and therefore contains carbon and energy and minerals For that it would have all the right reasons to recycle as mulch.

Shirley Henderson

organic matter in soil

Post by Shirley Henderson » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:11 pm

As a matter of interest I thought I would post this info. I was told that a number of experiments regarding the decompositoin of organic matter was carried out on large scales in the field a few years back. Large companies looking at waste disposal of food products were trialed. One test involved the spreading of tons of tomato sauce accross fields to see how well they decomposed and what effect it had on the soil. Apparently it dissappeared rather quickly and the field was full of lush healthy grass the next season. All was well in fact I was told the field looked better than ever. The same trials were carried out with things such as mayonaise, and I cant remember all the others but apparentlly it did the fields more good than harm. I say if it is organic then you will probably be ok. Maybe trial a smaller area first to see what results you get. Im with Duane though, organic matter should be broken down in the soil.