NSF Chapter in mudgee/gulgong

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

greg

NSF Chapter in mudgee/gulgong

Post by greg » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:37 pm

I have a question? What benefits are there in estabilishing a NSF chapter in an area as against a bunch of people going down to the nearest pub and have a chinwag over a few beers?

duane

Post by duane » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:36 am

Benefits MAY be, in establishing a NSA Chapter:

1. You dont need to shout anyone in the NSA...dutch treat, everyone pays their own way

2. you can attend a meeting and still remember the next day what was discussed

3. you can be with like minded indivduals intent on improving their lot

4. the missus will be happy knowing your not down at the pub p*%#ing $ up the wall

5. you will be able to make a difference and leave a legacy for the children

However, if you go to the pub chances are you will return there the next day and the next and that may or may not be a bad thing....I'll let you be the judge

duane

Post by duane » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Hey Greg

On the serious side if you are wanting to establish a NSA Chapter you would have massive support....I am sure of that going by the nos. of emails I am receiving daily.

You could start a local Mudgee/Gulgong chapter, although clearly that area is your focus, but a Chapter called the Central West NSA Chapter could POTENTIALLY have a much greater impact and would get recognition SOONER.

This would mean you would be covering the whole the the Central West NRM Region and you would get regional support from both state and fed govts PLUS all the agencies.

I know that Ed Turner would be keen and Vern Hoffman and the CWCMA have got some great people keen to see more nsf trials.

This could be serious....if there is commitment there.

We would provide all the help you need.

Currently, we have two (of the eleven) NRM Regions of the State covered i.e., Southern Rivers and ACT. In WA we have one of the six NRM Regions already started i.e, the Avon with the Northern Agricultural soon to join.

We are growing and its very exciting.....

greg

Post by greg » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Okay I'm still thinking.
Are there some rules to forming a chapter, such as minimum number of people, fees, minutes, formal structure etc.
If there is would you supply the requirements and structure or some guidelines to kick start this idea.
Thanks, (I think)
Greg

duane

Post by duane » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi Greg

send an email to me duane@nsfarming.com and I will post you all the info you need.